Saturday 24 October 2009

I present to you "Soulacoaster"

Some people make music purely for the financial gain, a hope of one day selling a million records, to be number one, to be the next "Big Thing" to satisfy the hunger of powerful record labels, to be consumed by the industry and be treated like a superstar, to be able to shmooze with the elite, and go on about how they were born to do it etc etc...

Well, i'm pretty different to that because Soulacoaster was made only for the love of soulful music, not to satisfy any record label, or be fucked about with some dickhead A&R person telling me what tracks I can and can't have on my own album. It's not been constantly diluted with other peoples opinions and it will probably never even see the light of day at your HMV and Amazon.com's. This is not done for the money either, if you can't afford my album, i'd rather you burn it off your mate and just enjoy it.

I make music, to make me happy and to make other people happy. Ideally i'd love to have a live band and take this album on a tour, nothing lavish, just some nice intimate venues, with a good atmosphere, cos this isn't really Wembley Areana kind of stuff. I'd want to fly in all the artists involved and perform the whole album live...

My point is this, from when I started this album up until I completed it, I imagine the whole thing done live, if I had the means to record it live, with live musicians, I would have done, in fact that would have been the best thing ever, but as this album was being done I have worked as a water meter repairer, a long distance van driver, a courier for DHL and a music teacher. I hated every job I had before the teaching!

When I was a driver, I was waking up at 5 sometimes 4am and working all day til 5pm. All i'd think about all day whilst driving were the grooves I was going to make when I got home. I'd get home, and get Logic fired up immediatly and work on Soulacoaster. The fact is most of the music for the album was completed in 3 months, but I wanted to hold out and wait for the vocals come back from singers accross the globe. I didn't want to rush anyone to do this for me as I believe that if it's right, it will be done. Eventually over the 3 year period, the vocals were complete and the very last song "Imagine" with Sibel Thrasher was finished in June. This is when the album was complete. Also, i'd been made redundant as a teacher in June, so that was the reason I decided to get this album together and finished. I'm getting a small run of CD's together and hopefully some great things will come of it, It might open some doors for bigger and better things, I could speculate forever but really, all I care about is that people just enjoy it. I'm proud of this album, and of everyone that took part in it.

So when you listen to it, just remember, it's not meant to be commercial, cos it is what it is. It's music that I have enjoyed making, and music I will continue to make, always and forever....

Thanks for reading...

SoulP

No comments:

Post a Comment